HHP has launched social enterprises that align with our mission to create jobs and lift communities. These include:
1eleven™, HHP’s manufacturing social enterprise here in Chicago.
Our partners are established social enterprises here at home and fair trade practice organizations around the world that manufacture world-class retail, promotional, incentive and corporate gifts while helping individuals overcome barriers to employment and self-sufficiency.
Every one of these social enterprises provides job opportunities and valuable social programming for disadvantaged, hard-to-hire, and developmentally and physically challenged individuals. While each partner organization has its own purpose, all our partners are dedicated to helping people improve their lives.
Here’s the work some of our US-Based Social Enterprise Partners do:
- A bakery in Illinois that services adults with developmental disabilities
- A clock manufacturing facility in Illinois that provides jobs for blind and visually impaired adults
- An organization in Chicago that hires homeless and unemployed vets to imprint and sell their t-shirt and coffee lines
- An upcycled wine glass manufacturing facility in Utah that provides job development training and employment for ex-offenders, veterans, low income seniors, and refugees
Here’s the work some of our Fair Trade Practice Global Partners do:
- A collective of over 200 women artisans in Guatemala that provides sustainable livelihoods and nutritious meals and schooling for their kids.
- A fashion house in Cambodia that provides sustainable livelihoods and free preschool and day care for the artisan’s children
- A jewelry design company in Ecuador and Viet Nam that provides sustainable livelihoods and holistic social programs for the artisans, which include education, disaster relief and interest-free loans.